Jul 26 @ 8:00 am
New Summer Hours
Two Round Robins same time same day!
Beginners and an additional Round Robin for 2.5 players
Chose your level using the guidelines below
FOR MEMBERS ONLY: We will hold a Round Robin for those of you that are new to the game and also a Round robin for a group that calls themselves “Advanced Beginners”. Those are people who feel they are no longer at the beginning stages of learning but not quite up to an intermediate play grade.
It will be conducted the same as the other Round Robins i.e. 24 players, except that the skill set to qualify for this group will be at a 2.5 level. Levels only go up to 5.0 or PRO level. We have listed the abilities of the 2.5 level below for your review.
Participating players should have ALL abilities up to the 2.0 level and at least a few in the 2.5 level to participate.
The IFP Rating System has been created to help describe differences in the various skill levels.
· New and have only minimal knowledge of the game and the rules.
· Limited to some rallies.
· Learning how to serve.
· Developing a forehand.
· Fails to return easy balls frequently and occasionally misses the ball entirely.
· Played a few games and is learning the court lines, scoring, and some basic rules of the game.
· Sustains a short rally with players of equal ability.
· Demonstrating the basic shot strokes – forehand, backhand, volley, overhead and the serve, but has obvious weaknesses in most strokes.
· Familiar with court positioning in doubles play.
· Makes longer lasting slow-paced rallies.
· Makes most easy volleys and uses some backhands, but needs more work on developing shot strokes.
· Beginning to approach the non-volley zone to hit volleys.
· Aware of the “soft game.”
· Knowledge of the rules has improved.
· Court coverage is weak but improving.
Jul 26 @ 8:30 am – 10:00 am
We will be starting a mixed singles play for members on Wednesday’s at 8:30 a.m. for the next 10 weeks starting May 31st. Come have a competitive game and great fun! Thank you Claire Miller for spearheading this program and Lulie Arnold for your invaluable help.
Jul 26 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Jul 26 @ 9:00 am
Jul 26 @ 4:00 pm
Happy Hour! July 26th
The pub will supply appetizers!
Please join your fellow PBU members for a bite to eat, your favorite beverage and a few laughs! $5.00 – Raffle for Gift Cards.
Please Sign Up at this link:
Jul 27 @ 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Jul 28 @ 8:30 am – 10:00 am
Calling all members intermediate and above to participate in a mixed Round Robin at 8:30AM
Here’s your chance to test your skill while playing some fun matches with mixed level players.
Members only. Join the club, join in the fun!
Jul 29 @ 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Jul 29 @ 11:00 am